This is an Online training for DMOs on the use of the FLOOD REPORTER: An Electronic Flood Monitoring & Reporting System
Understand drone piloting and image acquisition; Initiate the processing of drone images for flood monitoring and management; Use the products resulting from the processing of drone images for flood monitoring and management.
9th - 11th February 2020
The main objectives of this training are to:
- introduce the participants into hydrological and hydraulic modeling;
- identify flood-hotspot areas in order to make a quick flood damage assessment;
- develop a flood monitoring and forecast model.
Training on the application of Sentinel data to flood modeling, damage assessment and forecast services.
This Training introduces participants to the Principles, Development, Types and Applications of APIs.
- Introduction to Photogrammetry;
- Principles of accuracy assessment and error analysis;
- Configuration, choice and selection;
- Integrated image analysis and GIS;
- Principles of image interpretation of
optical, thermal and microwave satellite data
Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own. It also includes the number of people, animals, or crops which a region can support without environmental degradation.
Technical and political process that is focused on the development and design of land use and the built environment, including air, water, and the infrastructure passing into and out of urban areas, such as transportation, communication and distribution networks.
General overview of airborne Remote Sensing; Earth observation satellites; Types of satellites; Sensors; Concept of resolution
- Discrete time signals and Systems;
- Sampling of continuous time signals;
- Computation of discrete Fourier transform;
- Examples of Digital Signal Processing (DSP)-based subsystems for Satellite Communications)
exercises/tutorial (MATLAB-based exercises)
- Satellite Communications services;
- Selection from Satellite Communications applications;
- Disaster management using Satellite Communications;
- Search and rescue system;
- Future of Satellite Systems;
- Laboratory experiments and demonstrations (Selected hardware experiments using existing facilities and end-user equipment and system demonstrations).
- Analog and digital modulation techniques;
- Forward-error correction coding;
- Spread-spectrum techniques;
- Multiple access techniques
- Laboratory experiments (MATLAB
simulations; Hardware experiments)
- An overview of Satellite Communications for development, education and training
experiment with: Hardware, Software, Social research; Local broadcasting (TV,
radio, cable network); Planning for Satellite Communications for development;
- Satellite Technology for development, education and training;
technological and legal issues in trans-border channels for development;
- Teleconferencing experiences of users for rural development; Disaster management)
- Demonstrations with existing systems
- Technical considerations for network planning;
- Network operations and control;
- Management of Communication Satellite operations;
aspects of satellite communication ;
- Summary of satellite evolution and costs.
Overview of Operational Communications Satellite Systems;
Selection from operational communications satellite systems:
- Analog and digital broadcasting system standards
- Digital television
- Satellite TV and access systems
- Internet Protocol (IP) broadcasting
- Laboratory experiments and demonstration
(Practical experiments with TV and IP terminals)
- Introduction to Satellite Communications: Satellite orbits (Parking orbits);
- Space Environment;
- Satellite Communications links;
- Frequency bands for Satellite Communications;
- Propagation effects on Satellite Communication links).
- Digital Satellite Communications,
- Maritime Satellite Communications.
- Experiments and demonstrations:
- Visits to Laboratories
Skip course categories
Skip site announcements